How it works
How to use the Firstcheck Skin App
The Firstcheck App is user-friendly and fun.
With just a few clicks you can have your mole, spot or other skin concern checked by a local skin cancer expert.
Your Firstcheck App will guide you every step of the way.
Watch the video to see the app in action:
If you’d like to see the process laid out step by step, then this is just for you!
- Use our web app to instantly upload photos, or you can choose to download the app onto your phone from the app store.
- Select your country and a doctor / clinician.
- Take good clear photos of the mole / spot from different distances. See these great photo taking tips to make sure your photos capture what the doctor wants to see.
- For further-enhanced photos, take a photo with the Firstcheck dyplens®. You can skip this step if you haven’t got this device.
- Complete the questionnaire with questions relevant to your spot.
- Pay via credit card (consultations from just $19.95).
- Sit back and relax. You can expect a response from your skin cancer expert within 72 hours.
Watch the video below to see the dyplens® in action:
Using your Firstcheck dyplens® is simple too:
- Clip the dyplens® over the camera lens on your smartphone (or tablet).
- Depending on your smartphone’s protective case, you may need to remove it.
- Your smartphone camera will take it’s photo shooting through the dyplens® lens.
- Apply a liquid to the skin over the mole or spot. Water is fine – and a light vegetable oil or hand sanitiser is even better. You should make your choice based on what is most appropriate for your skin so as not to irritate the skin. Lightly massage the liquid on the skin but leave a visible surface drop of liquid on the skin.
- Place the dyplens® (now attached to your smartphone camera) directly on to the wet skin, so it is pressed against the mole / spot and pressed down on the drop of liquid. Pressing the dyplens™ to the skin ensures the right focal distance and creates the clearest images, removes any air bubbles in the liquid, and reduces surface light reflection from the skin.
- Ensure you are in good lighting.
- Ensure the photo is clearly focussed on the mole / spot (tap where the mole / spot appears on your phone’s screen to prompt your phone to focus on that spot).
- Keeping still hands to avoid blur, take a photo using your smartphone camera, as you normally would. You may like to use the timer function on your smartphone to automatically take a photo after 3-seconds so you can focus on holding your smartphone steady.
It’s that easy!
Your Firstcheck App and Firstcheck dyplens® are very user-friendly.
If, however, you do have any questions, you might like to visit our FAQ page for more information.