How it works
How to use the Firstcheck Skin app
Firstcheck is user-friendly and fun.
With just a few clicks you can have your mole, rash or other skin concern checked by a local skin specialist.
Your Firstcheck app will guide you every step of the way.
Watch the video to see the app in action:
If you’d like to see the process laid out step by step, then this is just for you!
- Download your free Firstcheck app from the App Store or Google Play.
- Open the app.
- Click ‘New Consultation’.
- Choose from ‘Mole’ or ‘Rash’ or ‘Other’ depending on what you want your skin specialist to review for you.
- Take a photo of the area, from 20cm away.
- Take another photo, from 10cm away.
- For even better results you can take a third photo with the Firstcheck SkinScope™ (which gives you a 20x magnified skin image (dermoscopic photo). You can skip this step if you haven’t yet got a Firstcheck SkinScope™.
- Click on the mannequin/model to show where on the body the photos are of.
- Tell the skin specialist any information you can which might help them – for example how long you have had that mole or rash.
- Choose a specialist to help you.
- Pay via PayPal, credit card or coupon code (consultations from $19.95).
- Sit back and relax. You can expect a response from your skin specialist within 72 hours.
Watch the video below to see the SkinScope™ in action:
Using your Firstcheck SkinScope™ is incredibly simple too:
- Go in to your Firstcheck app.
- When prompted by the app simply stick your SkinScope™ over the camera lens and you are ready to use it. (Depending on your protective case, you may need to remove it first).
- Place your SkinScope™ directly on to the skin, so it is touching it. Resting your SkinScope™ on the skin ensures the right focal distance and creates the clearest images. Then just take a photo, as you normally would.
- For best results (and if appropriate for your given skin concern) apply vegetable oil, water or hand sanitiser to the skin before taking images. You should make your choice based on what is most appropriate for your skin. For example, while any of the above will be fine applied to a mole, if your area of concern is a rash, you may be wise to choose water, so as not to irritate the skin.
Your Firstcheck app and Firstcheck SkinScope™ are very user-friendly.
If, however, you do have any questions, you might like to visit our FAQ page for more information.