How it works
How to use the Firstcheck Skin App
The Firstcheck App is user-friendly and fun.
With just a few clicks you can have your mole, spot or other skin concern checked by a local skin cancer expert.
Your Firstcheck App will guide you every step of the way.
Watch the video to see the app in action:
If you’d like to see the process laid out step by step, then this is just for you!
- Download your free Firstcheck App from the App Store or Google Play.
- Open the App, select your country and register to create a secure personal account.
- Click ‘New Consultation’.
- Take a photo of the mole / spot / lesion / area from approximately 20cm away.
- Take another photo, from approximately 10cm away.
- For even better results, take a third photo with the Firstcheck SkinScope™ (which gives you a 20x magnified skin image (dermoscopic photo). You can elect to skip this step if you haven’t yet got your Firstcheck SkinScope™.
- Click on the mannequin/model to show where on the body the photos are taken.
- Complete a the questionnaire to inform the skin cancer expert of any relevant information – for example how long you have had that mole or spot.
- Choose a doctor to help you.
- Pay via PayPal, credit card or coupon code (consultations from $19.95).
- Sit back and relax. You can expect a response from your skin cancer doctor within 72 hours.
Watch the video below to see the SkinScope™ in action:
Using your Firstcheck SkinScope™ is simple too:
- When prompted in your Firstcheck App…
- Lift the lid on the SkinScope™ and to expose the sticky surface and then stick your SkinScope™ directly on top of your smartphone camera lens. (Depending on your protective case, you may need to remove it first).
- Apply a liquid to the skin over the mole or spot. Water is fine – and a light vegetable oil or hand sanitiser is even better. You should make your choice based on what is most appropriate for your skin so as not to irritate the skin. Lightly massage the liquid on the skin but leave a visible surface drop of liquid.
- Place your SkinScope™ directly on to the wet skin, so it is pressed against the mole / spot and pressed against the drop of liquid. Pressing the SkinScope™ to the skin ensures the right focal distance and creates the clearest images.
- Then just take a photo using your smartphone camera, as you normally would.
Your Firstcheck App and Firstcheck SkinScope™ are very user-friendly.
If, however, you do have any questions, you might like to visit our FAQ page for more information.